divider bar

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sleep is Good....

As contradictory as this sounds, sleep is what keeps you awake.  When you don't get sleep, it can be hard to function mentally and physically which is why they say you should always get a good night's sleep before big events such as sports games or tests.  Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try, sleep can be hard to come by.  I've been having trouble falling and staying asleep the past few months (it's not just finals).  I found that Tylenol PM works really well for me, but I don't think it's a good idea to be taking that kind of medicine just as a sleep aid.

I've been looking up some natural remedies such as melatonin supplements and getting more excercise since I don't want to go into the perscription route.  And counting all those sheep just doesn't cut it.

Does anyone have any good ideas or tips on how to fall and stay asleep?

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried drinking chamomile tea right before bed? A hot bath with some lavender bubble bath (lavender anything could help you relax)? Having your hubby give you a massage? ;) Scripture reading and prayer right before you go to sleep? Make sure you don't eat a lot in the 4 hours before bed, and do your exercising earlier in the day, except for gentle stretching before bed.

    Maybe one of these things would help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A soak in the tub and a good book along with Quiet music, no voices. I find that helps.

    History Sleuth's Writings A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a bathtub so badly! But sadly we don't :( Scripture reading sounds like a good idea Jaimie and I have noticed that not eating sugary foods after 7 helps.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...