divider bar

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cheesy Potatoes

For holidays, we almost always had this cheesy potatoes recipe and I definitely didn't mind eating the leftovers!  Thanks Mom for sending me the recipe to use for Easter :)

2 lb. frozen hashbrowns (If you use a 24 oz bag instead, use a little less sour cream)

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

2 T. dried minced onion

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 pt. sour cream

2 c. American cheese, grated

milk


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Thaw potatoes before mixing. Add milk until it reaches desired consistency (I used about 1/4 cup to make them creamier). Mix all of the above ingredients and put into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.  Place pan in the oven and bake for about 60-70 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes (since the sides cook faster).

5 comments:

  1. That sounds SO yummy! I'll have to try it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this this Easter! It is so delicious only I substituted cream of mushroom soup because I don't eat meat but it still came out super super good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese and potatoes -- one of the greatest and yummiest food combos on the planet. :) I love cheese, so anything you add cheese on is all right with me. Thanks for sharing this, will have to save it somewhere.
    Nice to meet another A-Z member.
    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm weird--I've never been into cheese all that much. But maybe my sister-in-law (who loves to cook) might enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of our favorite recipes to eat with ham. I'm lazy though and never thaw the potatoes, and then throw some cracker crumbs mixed with a little ranch dressing mix on top. It's so tasty! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...