divider bar

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seasoned Red Potatoes

Since it's spring break for me, I've been home catching up on scrapbooking, organizing, and doing some cooking!  Yesterday I tried this new and very simple recipe which turned out great.  The only trouble I had was that my bag of red potatoes contained HUGE potatoes so I had to cook them a while longer than the recipe said, but it worked out fine.

Original Recipe from Taste of Home


Seasoned Red Potatoes

Ingredients:
12 to 14 small red potatoes (or 9-10 larger red potatoes)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Peel a strip from around each potato.  Place potatoes in an ungreased 3 quart baking dish.  In a small bowl, combine the oil, butter, and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes (or 65-75 minutes for larger potatoes) or until tender, stirring every 15 minutes.  Yield: 6 servings












1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious! I'll definitely have to try them! :-)

    Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...