divider bar

Monday, March 11, 2013

Scrapbook Layout Challenge

Although I love scrapbooking, I find it hard to actually get started on a page.  Maybe it's the fact that I'm overwhelmed with all of the choices I have to make when designing a page or maybe it's just I have to be in a certain creative mood to scrapbook.  I was getting tired of never getting any pages done so back in January, as a New Year's Resolution, I decided I wanted to get one scrapbook layout done per week.  For me this was pretty ambitious - I spend on average 4 hours per page planning, rearranging, writing the text, finding templates, cleaning up, etc.  So far though, I've done pretty well.  I think I'm 2 weeks behind, but I plan on doing some scrapping this Wednesday.

Here are some layouts I've been working on!
 
 
(An original design)
 
I'm REALLY REALLY behind in my scrapbooks.  I'm just finishing up the year 2007 (this was a really busy year for me, so it's taking a while).  Hopefully this summer, when I have a month off from school, I can get 2-3 pages done per week and try really hard to catch up!  I was getting bored with 2007 though haha so I've done a few recent layouts as well such as our engagement pictures.
 
An original design

 
An original design

 
I have a black leather book that I keep all of my layouts I like from magazines and websites.  About half of the scrapbook pages I do, I follow a layout pattern that I have found but I usually end up altering them a bit.
 
An original design
An original design
Someday, when we have a house, I hope to find some 12x12 frames and put some of my favorite layouts on a wall.
 
 
(An original design)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I really love your "endless love" layout! I'm probably going to steal it I hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem:) I found it from a scrapbooking magazine so its not mine either.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...