divider bar

Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Design / Valentine's Day Memories

I'm happy to announce that my updated blog design is now live!  I'm so excited that I was able to learn how make make so many new things in Photoshop to get the new look I was looking for.  Hope you guys enjoy it!

So this Valentine's Day, my husband and I were home sick with sore throats :(  Luckily, it was originally our plan to stay home for the holiday, so I'm not complaining.  I got out of school early and was able to clean up the house a bit and start on my White and Dark Chocolate Pudding Parfaits.  Unfortunately, whether it was the fact that I used 2% instead of whole milk or I scalded the pudding, it didn't completely set so we had chocolate soup instead which was insanely delicious anyways!

When Matthew got home, we got out the Arbor Mist, crackers and gruyere cheese, and chocolate parfaits and watched some Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (if you don't know about this series, you have to check it out).  Who needs a romantic movie when you have Dr. Quinn?  Anyways, then we exchanged gifts - I received some chocolates, a dozen roses, a gorgeous ring, and a completely filled out version of What I Love About You.  What an amazing gift!  Back in 2008, I bought this book filled with questions which you fill out and give to your significant other and gave it to Matthew for Christmas.  I was so excited to get a book filled out for me this Valentine's Day!  Of course it's also a great gift for birthdays or "just because."


I find it hard to find gifts for guys on Valentine's Day besides getting chocolate or junk food.  I wanted to get him something that he would actually enjoy for more than a few days.  I found an amazing deal on Amazon for Lego Batman 2 and Lego Lord of the Rings for the Wii (if you didn't know, we LOVE playing those games together and running over each other with the cars) and you should have seen the look on his face when he opened his gift!  I also made a card from a template I found online here which turned out great!  Pop up cards can be a bit tricky, but they turn out great!




Overall, we had a wonderful first Valentine's Day together and really, I think we should plan more nights to be considered "at home date nights." 

What did you guys do for Valentine's Day?  Do you have many date nights together?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. :) What a sweet husband you have! Joshua got me a pretty necklace and I decorated a mug for him (wrote on it "sixteen things I love about you"--covered the whole mug with the list. :) ).

    We went out for dinner Friday night, it was lovely!

    Your blog, by the way, looks FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...