divider bar

Saturday, September 8, 2012

What I Love About Fall







Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year and sadly it doesn't seem to last nearly as long as the other seasons.  But now that the air is starting to cool down a bit around here I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about the season.

1.  Colors, Colors, Colors!   Even though green is my favorite color, the reds, yellows, and organges look so beautiful together and make our normal world look different and exciting as leaves all off the trees and onto the ground.

2.  School events are back.  I loved school growing up, especially during the fall because new classes were starting and clubs were starting up.  Plus the homecoming dances were always around this time:)

3.  The cooler air is a nice change of pace from the hot, hot sun.  I can actually go sit on the porch and read without being burnt to a crisp.

4.  The foods we eat also change with the seasons. I'm a HUGE fan of soups - I could eat soup all the time if I had a variety.  It's a great time of year to start trying different recipe's for soups as well.  Plus all of the pumpkin flavored items are coming out and Apple Cider will soon be lining the shelves at Walmart (the best beverage man has ever invented).

5.  Halloween!  One of my favorite holidays!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not into scaring people or blood and gore movies.  I love dressing up, carving and painting pumpkins,  giving out candy to kids, and making all kinds of fun decorations.  I think I like this holiday so much because its one that you can really decorate for and people have fun looking at the decorations but at the same time it's not a Holiday like Thanksgiving where you have to prepare a huge meal to go with it.  You can just spend all of your time decorating and making costumes!  Plus, tensions always seem to run high around Christmas regarding family, money to buy presents, getting the perfect tree....it's a lot of work.  Halloween is just...FUN and that's the way I like it.

(way cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...