divider bar

Friday, August 24, 2012

Change

Things have definately changed in the past few weeks for me.  Change can be a good thing for us overall, but sometimes we are afraid of the change or maybe it's just so new and different to us that we feel uncomfortable with a situation.  In the past month I have:

-packed up and moved 3.5 hours away from home
-unpacked all of that stuff and tried to fit it in an apartment
-started being responsible for cooking supper (not so good at it yet)
-started a new school where I will be for 12 hours each weekday
-worked on realizing that I live with another person now and I can't always have the room at 78 degrees (work in progress)
-spent hundreds of dollars on books and veterinary supplies for labs
-learned how to shop for and buy car and renters insurance
-tried to decipher health insurance forms

Honestly, it's overwhelming.  So many new things to learn so fast.  How do you cope?

Here's where the kid in me comes out.

I go back to things that I remember and love doing years ago.  I watched Tarzan and Cinderella (2 awesome movies).  I looked through pictures on my computer from high school (no, not high school itself ick) And I bought a computer game that I used to play when I was a kid: Jumpstart 4th grade (on the haunted island).  Apprently Matthew had this game too and we are both raving about it.  "My favorite game was the math one where you are a frog and you eat bug numbers coming out of the well."  Haha-and neither of us ever beat the game so guess what we are doing this weekend? Not cleaning the kitchen or bathroom:)

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Sorry to hear you have to be at school for that long each day. it takes awhile to get the hang of all of the insurance stuff and paperwork...I'm still learning and once in awhile I mess up and miss a due date or something, but it all works out. I remember playing the Oregon Trail computer game and a fish game of some sort when I was in grade school. :) Love and best wishes! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oregon trail! I still have it in my disc file. Remember that one Mickey game too where he goes to the fair? Fun times

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...