divider bar

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Double-take

Chilled air rushing around my shoulders
I can see every pale goosebump
The void of sound is eerie, but inviting
I turn to the left to look out my window
At the dark knight.
Stars decided to shed their veils tonight
I too can play this game of beauty in numbers.

I catch my breath and gaze at a twin
The first is clearer, although distant
With tired relentless eyes perfectly portrayed.
Even though the light is postponed
She’s still there
In every ounce of essence she clings to.

The other is bigger but distorted.
As I move with the window
This figure grows longer and shorter
And sometimes even disappears to a line
Taunting me with a swaying gaze.
Another burden I can’t get rid of.

If I shift just right, they overlap
And become one face, a single creature
And the scary part is, this is everyone’s reality.

We all have two faces
Some just bend the light differently.

Jacquelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...