divider bar

Friday, January 3, 2014

Dreaming Big

     Last night around 8:30, I crawled into bed to read for a while - that only lasted like ten minutes.  The blankets were extra warm and inviting so I soon fell asleep on my back (which is a rare thing for me).  Since Matthew and I have been watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix, I began to dream of the Evil Queen and Snow White kicking butt in the kingdom :)  We were chasing the Evil Queen by ship and she always managed to escape no matter how close we got.  I don't remember much more than that, other than it was a true adventure - the kind of dream I like.

     I've always wondered why God gave us the ability to dream.  There are lots of theories out there like it let's us play out the things we wish we could do, or that our brain is trying to dump information from the past day.  Honestly, if it's dumping information, why did I dream a few weeks ago that I was in a huge meat locker running from the poisonous gas in the air vents?  Never heard of that one before....   There has to be more to it than just being a cleaning out process.

    I have to believe that many authors get their story ideas from dreams.  Haven't you ever said while reading a book, "Where did they ever come up with an idea like that?"
     They just seem out of this world sometimes, right?  We wrote lots of stories in fourth grade and I often used my dreams as starting points for many stories (and reading through the journals again, I wonder how on earth did I ever come up with such ridiculous ideas?)

    No matter the reason God gave dreams to us,  I am amazed at how they work.  There are multiple instances of God using dreams in the Bible, so I believe he still uses them today to speak to us in such a way that our minds are a little more....open to suggestion.  I'm not saying you should go out and buy a dream interpretation book from Barnes and Noble cause I don't think each scene can mean the same thing for everyone.  But, be open to the ideas and feelings your dreams bring before you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...